Software Engineer, eCommerce (Android)
Square Online Checkout easily adds eCommerce to all of the places our sellers connect with their buyers – from their social media accounts, to blog sites, to their existing website, and messaging applications. We're the "little white reader" for online payments. It is not only the simplest way to make a payment online, it's the simplest way for a seller to get an order to their customer.
We're looking for experienced Android engineers to join our growing team! As a Senior Android Engineer on the Online Checkout team, you'll work directly with our product, design and backend teams to build features that drive contactless commerce experiences within the broader Square ecosystem.
What you will learn and do:
- You'll build and maintain an app that empowers thousands of sellers to accept payments online.
- You'll work collaboratively with designers, product managers, analytics, and other engineers
- You'll ship reliable software through continuous integration, test automation, and in-depth code reviews
- You'll find simple, elegant solutions to hard problems
- You'll grow as an engineer, and, as you do, you'll lift others around you
What you bring to the team and to Square:
- Passion to build beautiful, intuitive products that achieve effortless image capture and manipulation
- 5+ years experience developing and shipping Android applications
- Eagerness to share your ideas, and openness to those of others
Technologies we use:
- Java, Kotlin, Coroutines, RxJava, SQLDelight, Dagger, Retrofit, OkHttp, Wire
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $167,300 - USD $204,500
Zone B: USD $158,900 - USD $194,300
Zone C: USD $150,600 - USD $184,000
Zone D: USD $142,200 - USD $173,800
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.