Finance and Strategy Manager - Corporate G&A Teams
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Austin, United States
We are looking for an experienced Finance & Strategy Manager, reporting to our Head of Foundational FP&A, who will lead our FP&A team for the Foundational businesses at Block which consist of our corporate G&A teams (People, Counsel, Finance, Security, and Platform Engineering). You will work with senior partners across the Foundational teams and other Finance & Strategy team members and the executive leaders at Block. You will directly influence important elements of Block's operational execution and financial forecasting and also help build our analytical capabilities, delivering important insights to inform decisions and execution regarding Block's investments across the Foundational teams. This position can sit in any Block office in the United States or be full-time remote from any US state with the exception of Alaska.
- Manage a team of financial analysts, providing the appropriate level of oversight, coaching and direct involvement in delivering important insights to our Foundational partners
- Build deep and trusted partnerships with senior leaders in the Foundational teams to improve financial planning, policies and the implementation of important team programs
- Manage operating expense budgets and headcount planning to ensure investment allocation and resources are aligned with Block's strategic priorities
- Partner with our Strategic Initiatives team on important projects that help identify financial and operational efficiencies across our Foundational teams
- Develop metrics to track team-specific and company-wide trends, identify opportunities, share recommendations, and collaborate with teams across Block
- Prepare analysis and materials to present to board members and executive level leaders
- 6+ years of relevant industry experience in corporate Financial Planning and Analysis or related field (e.g. investment banking, private equity, consulting); at least 2 years managing a team
- A Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or other relevant field
- Experience building and developing teams with experience growing a corporate finance
- Experience developing deep partnerships with executive and senior level business leaders
- Excellent proficiency in financial modeling and Excel (can perform complex functions)
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.