Principal Product Designer
- Remote, NSW, Australia
Founded seven years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has millions of active customers globally and is offered at the world’s best retailers around the world including Anthropologie, Revolve, DSW, GOAT, Finish Line, Levi’s, Mac Cosmetics, Ray-Ban and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
Afterpay’s Design Team is focused on bringing to market novel and innovative shopping features with tools that delight customers and hold strong competitive advantages. This team works to create the most compelling and consistent experiences as well as taking ownership of an intuitive information architecture, bridging multiple product areas in the one dynamic ecosystem. We are currently looking for a passionate and talented principal designer who can go from conceptual thinking to creating tangible solutions.
- Work closely with product and business partners to discover and define customer pain points and opportunities for product enhancement/innovation
- Lead the solution of complex design challenges from design programs covering research, journey mapping, sketching, and high fidelity design of solutions
- Lead the design and socialising of high fidelity solution prototypes for validation and feedback
- Hand-off validated product designs to development teams and oversee implementation
- Promote design best practices, processes, and methodology
- Minimum of 8-10+ years experience in the digital product design field
- Experience working autonomously and leading independent initiatives
- Deep experience in developing consumer-obsessive, lifestyle-oriented mobile app experiences
- Experience leading and facilitating design research, design sprints & ideation sessions
- Craftsperson, strong skills in UX/UI, and experience in Figma and design prototyping tools.
- Experience working collaboratively with engineers and product managers.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.