Technical Program Manager, Square eCommerce
- New York City, NY, us
- Employees can work remotely
Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
The Square eCommerce team, formed with the acquisition of Weebly in May 2018, is on a mission to make it incredibly easy for anyone to sell online. With more than 40 million users across Weebly, Square Online Store, Square Online Checkout, and our other eCommerce products, we are passionate about helping restaurants, retailers, and sellers of all kinds reach success -- both online and offline.
As a Technical Program Manager - eCommerce, you will be an important member of our product organization, driving the planning and delivery of our eCommerce product portfolio from vision to launch. You will be leading both consumer and business facing cross-functional initiatives- promoting alignment, communication, and execution between partners across engineering, product management, design, analytics, marketing, sales, and customer success. The right candidate for this role will have experience delivering scalable programs and operational processes, with a meticulous attention to detail and problem solving skills that can be applied to any challenge, task, or opportunity.
- Own the delivery of large impact and cross-functional product and marketing projects while simultaneously tracking a set of smaller projects
- Promote strategic cross-functional planning by partnering with design, product, analytics, engineering, QA, and marketing to develop program plans, dependency identifications and resourcing plan
- Align partners on important issues using a large toolkit including structure, logic, data, clear communications
- Plan and facilitate alignment meetings such as project kick offs, weekly check-ins, testing, etc… to make communication easy and transparent
- Continuously improve product delivery, execution and processes
- Establish and drive adoption of program frameworks, tools and best practices
- Proactively identify challenges and risks, working closely with a cross-functional team to address and mitigate them
- Effectively communicate program plans, status, risks and mitigations to the broader team
- 8+ years of program management experience in software/web development organizations with direct experience managing cross-functional teams and projects
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, and engineering teams
- Understanding of agile product development methodologies and SaaS / software concepts
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.