Product Manager, Web Payment Experience
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Austin, United States
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
The Payments Platform is an open, global financial services platform for developers who serve sellers. It provides the necessary components to manage identity, process payments across multiple channels, hold and transfer funds, and provide accounting, reconciliation, and reporting in a secure and compliant way.
We are looking for a product manager for our Payment Platform products — a cornerstone of the Square platform and the applications built on top of it. Our platform has processed more than $100Bn in payments volume across all Square applications. Our job is to do this reliably, securely and efficiently so application teams can focus on building remarkable experiences. We do this by providing a general purpose platform of composable building blocks, allowing Square and 3rd-party developers to innovate on behalf of our sellers without them having to become payments experts themselves.
As the Web Payments Platform Product Manager, you will lead the direction of your products by setting the vision and strategy, partnering with the engineering manager of your sprint team to drive execution. You’ll work with our payment method teams to launch new ways for buyers to pay sellers. You’ll expand your products reach and revenue by working with go-to-market teams to bring new application builders and sellers onto the platform. You’ll work closely with security and industry experts to ensure our solutions comply with standards while also working to advance and modernize those standards. You are the voice of our sellers and developers in the room.
- Run your product like a business: manage the entire product life cycle from ideation, to planning and execution.
- Deeply understand your customer’s needs and their jobs to be done. Synthesize those needs to shape the product roadmap, and define and improve key metrics
- Ensure your cross-functional team has a strong understanding and empathy with their customers
- Hypothesize, measure and learn. Continuously test and leverage insights to inform decisions
- Collaborate with engineers, product marketers, analysts, designers, and writers to build the product experience
- Communicate progress on initiatives to stakeholders, partners and internal teams
- Represent the team with cross-functional partners and senior company leaders
- 5+ years of product management experience or equivalent
- Deep understanding and empathy for our sellers and the developers who serve them, especially Web developers
- Passion for our purpose of economic employment and innovation on behalf of our sellers and developers
- Demonstrated success launching and scaling platform products with public APIs and SDKs
- Desire to lead, the ability to drive product strategy and work well with senior engineers and designers
- Great interpersonal and communication skills that shine when you’re talking with a customer or engaging a cross-functional audience
- Natural curiosity, obsession with the details, desire to build the right thing
- System thinking mindset, technical background and passion for new technology and great developer experiences
- An analytical and metrics driven work style that leverages data to make informed decisions
- Strong track record of execution
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.