Senior Product Marketing Manager, Developer Experience
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
We are looking for our next hire to join the Developers team. You understand the developer space, and affinity with this audience, and have a track record of coordination with Product Management, Engineering, Developer relations, technical documentation, Marketing and Partnerships.
The PMM for Developer Experience will ensure that developers who decide to start building applications and solutions for Square sellers using the Square Developer Platform have the best experience possible.
- Collaborate with PMs to make product recommendations that help our grow our developer ecosystem and increase developer conversions
- Develop top use cases for the platform that will inform overall information design in the developer subdomain
- Work with product managers, engineers, and the entire developer platform team to develop new products and enhance existing products, ensuring that the of our developers is always represented
- Develop product positioning, value propositions, and essential messaging to be used in product development and marketing campaigns throughout the developer journey
- Work with the developer experience PM team to support their efforts to create a product roadmap tailor made to the needs of Square 3rd party Developers.
- Work with the developer relations team to grow the developer community and drive increased traffic to our top developer focused channels such as the Corner Blog, The SquareDev YouTube Channel and our Developers Forums.
- Drive top of funnel growth by implementing targeted campaigns, defining positioning and messaging for all public web pages under the developer.squareup.com subdomain.
- Grow qualified top of funnel traffic using organic and paid awareness and performance marketing tactics.
- Thrive to ensure increased down-funnel conversions by helping developers identify top use cases and build with the platform.
- Drive the go-to-market plan and post-launch marketing programs with marketing channel managers, account managers, and sale
- Preferably an MBA or BA/BS degree with experience guiding growth in a fast paced environment
- 6+ years professional experience which at least 4 years experience in a product marketing capacity (i.e. have demonstrated ability to partner with product management and engineering to represent market requirements, and with channel managers to support product launches and ongoing campaign optimization) or in a product management function.
- Previous background in B2B or B2C marketing with experience with partnerships marketing, developer marketing and developer communities
- Strong quantitative ability, and excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Comfort in a face-paced environment
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.