Program Manager, Square People Programs
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
Square believes in the importance of well thought design and it's built into the core strategy for our external products. This mission extends to its internal experience well. We believe in the importance of thoughtful design and elegant experiences for our managers and employees, just as we do for our customers.
Square is looking for a Program Manager on the People team to help us move the needle on core people-related programs and processes for the Square business unit, including promotion, feedback and compensation cycle. Your role will involve using available resources to understand where we can iterate on these people processes, improve how management and employees experience Square and help build the people brand.
You will work cross functionally with teams such as PMO, Compensation, HR Business Partners, HR Specialists, People Tech, Internal Comms, Talent, Legal, and other stakeholder teams across the organization to ensure that we can efficiently and effectively drive process improvements to support the strategic growth of the business.
- Project manage ongoing process improvement and operational initiatives
- Identify areas of improvement through research, analyzing data and continuous outreach for feedback to scale our people programs
- Evaluate current pain points and make process recommendations to internal partners as well as drive implementation of process changes
- Evaluate systems setup to drive improvements from a people experience standpoint
- Identify and solve complex cross-functional challenges related to scaling of people programs, and create risk mitigation plans
- Execute and continuously improve core people programs by creating process maps and other documentation, facilitating retro discussions, developing playbooks, sharing best practices, and rolling out tools
- Minimum of 5 years experience in HR or program management
- A PMP certification with agile methodology or PM experience equivalent
- Experience driving projects and leading global or regional change initiatives within high-growth tech environments
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and demonstrated track record of driving process improvement and results on time with a high level of accuracy
- Ability to manipulate and analyze data to understand trends and provide data driven recommendations
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Familiarity with HR systems such as Workday, Visier, and SmartRecruiters
- [Preferred] Track record of strategic partnering with stakeholders on multi-year company or org-wide people initiatives or projects
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.