Associate Growth Product Marketing Manager, Debit Card
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
We are looking for you to join Square's Banking team as an Associate Growth Product Marketing Manager who can ensures that the right customers are getting the right message, through the right channels at the right time. We are building new tools to help small businesses manage their cash flow and want someone who is passionate about creating a more accessible and inclusive financial services future for small businesses. You exhibit empathy for understanding someone's struggle and can represent the voice of the customer in product discussions. You are comfortable looking at data and identifying opportunities to drive growth throughout the customer lifecycle. You will report directly to the Product Marketing Lead.
- Be the trusted voice of sellers by surfacing insights to shape the product growth strategy and marketing messaging
- Execute experimentation from ideation to implementation and management of campaigns that improve growth for Square Debit Card, partnering with product, engineering, data, design, legal, creative, copy, channel managers, marketing technology, and marketing operations
- Create insights- and data- driven hypotheses for optimizing marketing performance and implementing A/B tests applying knowledge of basic statistics (e.g. sample size, significance) to separate signal from noise
- Launch new features to market that expand upon the existing debit card functionality
- Review FinTech and neo-bank competitive offerings and driving ongoing differentiation for marketing campaigns
- Manage the relationship with creative teams to develop clear and unique marketing messaging and collateral across channels
- A BA/BS degree
- 2+ years of experience with preference for product marketing, go-to-market, analytics, consulting, account management or other related field
- Experience working and communicating cross-functionally with product management, engineering, analytics, design, marketing channel specialists, or creative to grow products
- Experience with marketing technology platforms (Amplitude, Looker, Contentful, Iterable, Optimizely)
- Genuine interest in and curiosity about Payments and Fintech
- Spanish language capability a plus
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.