Strategic Payments Partnerships Lead
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
The Cash App Network Operations Team is responsible for building and managing a scalable payments ecosystem for a fast growing mobile payment app with multiple external and internal partners. Reporting to the Network Operations Lead, this leader will be instrumental in developing multi-year partnership plans, responsible for cultivating executive level relationships with our partners and growing and mentoring a high performing team.
In this role, you and your team will establish KPIs for the Cash App performance bar for our third party payment partnerships, streamline processes for global scale.
As a leader within Cash App, you will ensure our ecosystem of money movement is optimized for cost and performance, while exploring new innovative opportunities that position Cash App for future success and growth. You will collaborate with other internal stakeholders to further define and execute continuously high operational standards.
- Lead our Strategic Payment Partnership team
- Recruit and manage a high performing team, establishing the operating model, goals, and KPIs
- Design and implement strategies and processes that enable CashApp to scale
- Partner with cross functional stakeholders (including product, legal, finance, and engineering) to define and execute initiatives to drive growth and use of Cash App
- 8+ years of payments experience, preferably in operations in a fast moving technology or financial services company
- 5+ years leadership experience including building out and cultivating high performing teams
- Deep understanding of the payment industry
- Experience using quantitative data to develop and evolve processes, ensuring scalability with a high volume product.
- Strong relationship building skills with executives and technical teams & the ability to develop consensus and drive stakeholders to a decision
- Strong ability to build & leverage cross functional relationships internally and externally
- Extensive experience with commercial contracts and negotiations
- Previous experience working with the Network Card Brands a plus
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.