Mobile Engineering Manager, Square POS New Segments
- Miami, Florida, United States
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Austin, United States
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
The Square Point of Sale (SPOS) helps our merchants simplify their business processes and daily work, and makes it easy to sell in person, over the phone, or out in the field. It's free to use, and there's no training. This is an essential product for the Square ecosystem.
To learn more about Point of Sale:
As an Engineering Leader on the SPOS - New Segments team, you will lead a team of mobile and full stack engineers focused on building new SPOS features for the emerging markets and expanding the international footprint of the product. You will promote the technical direction of the team, manage product goals, contribute to product strategy, hire, and mentor your team. You will work with leaders across the company, work with product managers and designers, and have a seat at the table of the SPOS leadership team. Operating with scale and speed, we're proud to have built an exceptional team of engineers who are just getting started – and as a manager, you guide the way. You will report to the Engineering Lead of the Square Point of Sale (SPOS) engineering teams.
- Help set broad direction for the team while implementing delightful experiences for our sellers
- Build an outstanding team by hiring and coaching your team,and applying your technical expertise to constantly
- Lead essential technical, design, and product discussions with leaders across our product and operations
- Oversee the success of your team's product and provide quantifiable results
- Build systems, services, and product features across multiple platforms that have immediate impact on customers
- Be involved in mobile development and release process across several departments
- 10+ years of software development experience (ideally mobile)
- 5+ years of experience managing teams with 8+ developers
- Technical background in developing user facing products
- Experience building large-scale Mobile apps or SDKs
- Experience working with engineering leaders and team members
- Provided technical mentorship and guidance to the team
Technologies we use and teach:
- REST APIs
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.