Atlassian Solution Architect
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
At Block, IT is building a best-in-class platform of services. Our goal is to choose the best tools available to allow Block employees to collaborate, design, build, and grow. Our customers constitute a diverse and geographically distributed workforce, and so our service platform must be adaptable and available wherever it's needed.
As an Atlassian Solution Architect, you are Block's resident Atlassian expert. You will design and help support scalable and interoperable solutions for Block's cloud and data center instances of Jira, Service Management, and Confluence platforms. You will work with internal customers to identify their Atlassian needs, promote best practices, and take an active role in designing the architecture of Atlassian solutions to ensure collaboration across the company while ensuring scalability, reliability, and performance. You will have a direct hand in determining the future of Atlassian platforms at Block that touch several departments across multiple brands in the organization.
- Oversee and scale the Atlassian ecosystem ensuring Block IT provides best-in-class services to its customers
- Guide solution design, architecture, and implementation across Block's Atlassian platforms
- Partner with IT customers to design and support important business and technical processes, often including complex project delivery with third-party system integration and custom scripting.
- Develop and maintain a roadmap for Atlassian platforms. Provide regular communications about changes.
- Participate in the M&A process, integrating and migrating acquired companies' Atlassian systems into Block's SaaS ecosystem
- Provide guidance and implementation on best-in-class automation and integrations within Block's Atlassian systems.
- Build deeper integrations between services and create scalable automation by applying APIs or writing new code.
- Operate and build partnerships with teams throughout Block to identify productivity needs and help pair them with solutions.
- Advocate, educate and document as a subject matter expert and a promoter for best practices within the Atlassian platform among IT admins, Jira/Confluence super user groups, and business process owners.
- 5 + years of Jira administration experience within a large enterprise environment.
- Experience managing and scaling Atlassian's Jira Data Center and Jira Cloud products in an enterprise environment.
- Proficiency in Ruby, Python, and experience working with Atlassian REST APIs
- Experience with building custom solutions, integrations with Jira Service Management, and Jira Software
- Ability to communicate, written and verbal, with technical and non-technical teams.
- Passion and understanding of relationship building between technology and your customer.
- Experience with Atlassian product apps/add-ons such as Scriptrunner and Insight
- Conceptual and practical understanding of ITIL and CI/CD
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.