- Melbourne, Australia
At Afterpay, our mission is to power an economy in which everyone can win. We empower customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. We do this by connecting more than 122,000 retailers across the globe with over 19 million active customers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing. And as a part of Block, Inc., (NYSE: SQ), we’re united by our shared purpose of economic empowerment. Ready to shape an economy in which everyone wins?
As a Data Scientist, you will be responsible for developing ongoing analyses and reports in support of merchant acquisition, retention and loyalty, and other pertinent aspects of Sales operations. You will also analyse business performance internally and in the competition, deliver data driven business insights for decision making, and communicate findings and recommendations.
- Work closely with the leadership team and Global Sales Teams to understand their business intelligence and insights needs
- Design and conduct analyses and reports to provide insights at scale that support growth strategies.
- Develop a formalised process to identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets, empower informed decision making for stakeholders.
- Isolate, identify and communicate data issues and own data quality for the analysis and reports produced.
- Monitor and analyse data reports/ dashboards/pipelines and do RCA & troubleshooting of issues that may arise.
You will have:
- Quantitative background in statistics, mathematics, computer science, or related disciplines.
- Demonstrated experience with sales and marketing analytics techniques such as Customer Profiling, Predictive Modelling, Regression and classification analyses, A/B testing.
- Strong experience using SQL and experience in data visualisation tools like Tableau, Looker, Power BI.
- Strong organisation/ time management skills and be able to work effectively in a fast paced environment.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.