Finance and Strategy Senior Analyst, Square Financial Services
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
We are growing our Finance & Strategy Square Banking team and looking for a new Senior Analyst who will support our Capital business and be the primary F&S analyst for our industrial bank, Square Financial Services. We are looking for someone with an analytical background who can manage solutions across a variety of strategic and financial focused challenges.
- Lead financial analysis and provide decision support for our core lending products, including small business loans.
- Forecast financial performance by developing/managing core KPIs and driving strategic projects.
- Work closely with leadership of Square Financial Services, Square and Block on capital allocation strategies.
- Partner with departments across the company (e.g. Business Intelligence and Data Analytics, Sales and Marketing, and others) to develop frameworks and analysis for measuring impact and optimizing investment trade-offs across the business.
- Develop financial models and dashboards to track our success and summarize data from these dashboards and SQL to identify the top opportunities for driving growth and lowering costs.
- Manage and operate our Bank's financial forecast model and prepare monthly, annual, and long range strategic financial plans for regulatory, internal, capital, funding and other strategic planning purposes.These Bank focused responsibilities include:
- Consolidate financial data and build financial projection scenarios for capital adequacy stress testing requirements.
- Perform variance analysis on interest income, interest expense, provision for loan loss, interest rates, other income, and other expenses including actuals vs. budget, forecast, and other ad-hoc scenarios.
- Analyze and document changes to budgets, forecasts, and other scenarios for Sr. Management.
- Work with Accounting and other Financial partners on monthly/quarterly/annual reporting processes.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in financial services, consumer/merchant credit products, or working at a top tier Investment Banking or Consulting firm, or Corporate Strategy experience. We are looking for candidates that have experience performing complex modeling and analysis.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or other relevant field
- Strong analytical skills (excellent proficiency in financial modeling and Excel),
- Experience with analytics tools and data visualization tools (Looker)
Experience in credit risk management, bank stress testing and balance sheet management a plus.
Experience with SQL and data visualization tools (Looker).
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.