Fraud Detection Specialist
- Miami, FL, United States
- Alternate Location: Atlanta, United States
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
Square's Risk and Fraud team is looking for a mid-level Fraud Detection Analyst/Specialist to review fraud within the merchant commerce space. You will perform detailed high-level analysis of high-risk merchants, by historical transactions and real-time queues to identify unauthorized payments (card, ACH, and mobile payments) and fraudulent merchants. You will analyze unrecognizable risk patterns and communicate with partners across risk (Engineers, MLDS, Risk Partners) to help reduce losses to Square. You must be flexible with your schedule; having the ability to work nontraditional shifts and some holidays.
- Monitor new fraud risk trends in real-time and provide recommendations for remediation to partners
- Conduct high-level analysis of merchants to link unidentified transactions or merchants to known or new fraud trends
- Monitor real-time queues and review high-risk transactions from specified points-of-sales
- Use departmental policies to determine if transactions or merchants are fraudulent and should be canceled and refunded, or are legitimate and should be processed and fulfilled on the largest dollar amounts
- Maintain or exceed established service level agreements and guidelines for quick resolution of queued cases to minimize potential revenue losses
- Conduct analysis of transactional and customer records to link unidentified transactions and accounts to known fraudulent activity
- Build internal relationships across partner teams
- Experience: 3+ years in a risk related role
- Demonstrated organizational and analytical skills
- Manage multiple assignments while working independently
- Internet research, Google Docs, and overall Mac skills; SQL experience a plus
- Strong communication skills, self-motivation and results-oriented approach
- Comfortable working in a distributed work environment
- Requires shift-work, including weekends, non-business hours and holidays
- Preferred Industry certifications: CFE, AAP
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.