Engineering Manager (Web) - Taxes, Cash App
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our millions of monthly active users. With a mission to redefine the world's relationship with money by making it more relatable, available and accessible, at Cash App you'll have the opportunity to make a real-world impact with your career.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
The Cash App Taxes team is looking for an engineering manager to help us fundamentally change how people use Cash App. We’re building a whole new way for people to do their own Taxes and the person in this position will play a pivotal role in how we shape, deploy, and grow this new area. You will be personally responsible for the growth of the Web engineers on this team; collaborating with your fellow product, design, and server partners on decisions that will directly impact this product; looking at new technologies and evaluating how they could positively impact the way our customers interact with Cash App.
- Manage and grow a team of product-focused web engineers.
- Support the building of new, exciting functionality into an application designed to provide concrete value to our customers.
- Own the inception, growth, and maintenance of this new product area.
- Lead and participate in technical, design, and product discussions with your fellow partners on the team, and with other partners throughout the organization.
- Continue building a world-class team through hiring, coaching, and continued development.
- Experienced in managing and mentoring engineers (including providing feedback, investing in career growth, and growing teams).
- Focused on the design of products from a customer perspective. We are here to make their lives easier, and want to ensure we’re putting our customers first through every piece of engineering.
- Committed to continuous improvement of yourself, your teammates, and our software.
- Eager to share your own ideas, and open to the ideas of others.
Technologies We Use and Teach:
- TypeScript, React, Java
- UIKit, CoreAnimation, SQLite, Accessibility frameworks
- Unit tests, snapshot tests, integration tests
- Protocol buffers
- So much more!
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.