Executive Assistant, Cash Legal
- Oakland, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Block is looking for a dynamic and creative individual to join the Executive Operations team, helping our top executives and supporting their teams. Our Executive Assistants are the strategic partners who hold everything together - from calendaring and travel, to reporting processes and team support, you will participate in confidential efforts to support our programs. The Block Executive Operations team is a centralized organization where our EAs report into EA Managers. We are looking for an EA who has a natural passion for learning and people development, enjoys taking on new tasks and projects, and who consistently executes at a high level in an energetic and human-centric environment.
- Provide administrative and strategic support to the General Counsel of Cash App and members of their team.
- Maintain sensitive and complex calendars, requiring coordination with executives, partners, and EAs
- Be an active participant and knowledgeable resource, while ensuring executive preparation and effectiveness
- Find new and efficient ways to create work processes to help maximize your executives' time.
- Identify gaps and take ownership of projects; help compile and prepare material and agendas for team meetings, such as all-hands presentations and events
- Maintain confidential information and effectively manage competing projects
- Foster relationships with several cross-functional partners to help support team programs and goals
- Work within our centralized Executive Operations team to provide support, mentorship, and guidance to enhance the team as a whole
- 5+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant, Administrative Business Partner, or similar role
- Strong communication, organizational skills, and ability to connect distributed teams across multiple geographic locations and time zones in a remote environment
- Full proficiency and extensive experience with Google Suite, including Google Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Forms, and Slides
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.