Senior Data Analyst, Cash App Compliance
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
The Senior Data Analyst will join a brand new analytics team - Cash App Compliance Analytics - chartered to transform us into a data-driven Compliance organization. You will help deliver applicable analytics to leaders throughout the Cash App business. Focused on quantifying and communicating compliance risks, you will allow Cash App to change the financial services industry. Reporting to the Analytics Manager of Cash App Compliance, they will partner with Product, Growth, Data Science and Engineering.
- Build databases, design dashboards, and establish metrics to support scale, analyze risks, and provide easily understood reports for operational teams and senior management
- Lead special projects working with compliance and various teams to diagnose complex problems and develop compelling, data-driven recommendations
- Uncover relevant insights on topics affecting compliance, including: new risks, compliance operating effectiveness, risk tolerance, product launches and usage, performance and risk indicators
- Harness raw data to help partners understand the impact of new regulation, policies, or environmental changes to our compliance program and the Cash App platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners from engineering to customer experience to inform strategic builds of essential compliance program elements
- 5+ years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 3 years and a Master's degree; or equivalent work experience.
- Expert level abilities in SQL and data analysis/visualization tools (i.e. Tableau, Looker)
- Experience using data to solve complex, ambiguous, high-impact, cross-functional problems
- Vision to proactively establish problems and manage projects in a fast-paced, evolving organization
- Ability to bring data to life for any audience through written communication, verbal communication and data visualization
- Nice to have but (not required):
- Experience in the FinTech industry or with financial crimes compliance systems, technologies and processes.
- Experience with model building, ETL development and automation using Python, R or Airflow
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.