Android Software Engineer, Square Appointments
- New York, NY, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
Square Appointments helps service professionals manage their calendar on the go. With Square’s scheduling software, customers can always check for availability and confirm their appointments online. Our merchants can easily keep their schedules open and attract new business—even when they're done for the day.
Join us to solve challenging software and product problems related to scheduling, payments, and distributed systems. You will create beautiful Calendar UIs that help merchants manage their time and offline capable features so merchants always have a 60fps experience.
Working on Android at Square is a unique opportunity in the mobile industry – you’ll get to work in one of the largest most established mobile ecosystems in existence – learning a lot from our large team of engineers in the process.
- Be a part of creating an innovative product that brings superpowers to sellers.
- Build and test client software with complex server, network and hardware interactions.
- Collaborate with iOS, Android, and Server engineers to deliver features to our growing base of subscribers, shipped at a rapid cadence.
- Work with product managers and designers to refine and define product scope and design.
- Respond to customer feedback to improve our products.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience with an educational background in computer science or equivalent.
- A proficiency in Android app development using Java and/or Kotlin for development (we use both).
- A passion for working on mobile apps at all levels – from networking up to user interfaces and everything in between.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.