iOS Software Engineer
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
We are taking a fresh look at this industry and building a modern product ecosystem that capitalizes on the themes of efficiency and automations – which are becoming the cornerstones of the new breed of hospitality tools. We’re addressing the needs of our seller customers in this dynamic landscape with iOS, Android, and Web-based software that integrates with our hardware, all backed by reliable services.
As a software engineer on the Seller team, you will help build products that clients use to run their businesses.
- Create beautiful, unique products which allow anyone to run a business
- Ship reliable software through integration, test automation, and in-depth code reviews
- Envision new products and features that are inspired, considered, and magical
- Partner collaboratively with experienced designers, product managers, and engineers; both on our team and with our friends on other teams
- Natural curiosity and a desire to build beautiful intuitive products for our customers
- Experience developing reliable, elegant apps and products
- Designed apps with your teammates and with other teams and offices
- Experience developing iOS applications
- Experience shipping and improving products
Technologies we use and teach:
- Swift and Objective-C
- Core Data
- Service APIs and Protocol Buffers
- Hardware Integration
- Metrics, monitoring, and alerting with a variety of internal and external tools
- And much, much more. Square is a great place to learn all kinds of technology!
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.