Square, Inclusion and Diversity Lead
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
As Square Inclusion & Diversity Lead, you'll be a member of the Inclusion & Diversity team responsible for designing I&D resources and implementing solutions for Square teams that build an environment where people can join, grow professionally regardless of their background. You'll create programs that increase the number of and improve hiring practices for underrepresented (UR) candidates in our talent pool, support the professional growth of underrepresented Square employees, increase external awareness of Square brand with local community organizations, and ensure all Square employees to productively participate in I&D programs.
- Partner with Square HR, Employee Experience, and Talent teams to set collaborative/shared roadmaps inclusive using the OKR framework to manage progress and performance
- Help develop regionally customized I&D programs to support the needs of our teams around the globe
- Assist Square Talent team in designing hiring programs (including pilot programs) focused on increasing the representation of underrepresented groups within the Square population.
- Provide Square I&D reports for each Executive and their direct reports, providing team-level consulting in partnership with Square HRBP team
- Partner with Square People Lead and dedicated foundational teams (Talent/HR) to represent Square at external events and, potentially, speaking engagements
- Achieved incremental goals to pursue an Inclusion & Diversity vision
- Take big ideas and build actionable plans then drive them to measurable results
- Recognize opportunities that are high-impact and those that aren't—and prioritize accordingly
- Build data-based strategies and communicate those strategies
- Be comfortable with public speaking, on nuanced and sensitive subjects
- Demonstrated experience in human resources, organizational development, and inclusion and diversity related program implementation
- Passion for inclusion, equity and diversity, and bringing thoughtful, solutions to this work
- Demonstrated excellence in strategic planning and project management
- Knowledge of inclusion and diversity best practice
- Global experience implementing inclusion and diversity programs
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new programs, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.