Creative Lead, Growth & Experience
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
The Afterpay Brand Studio team is looking for a stellar Creative Lead for Growth marketing and Experience who thrives on data and performance-based creative solutions that balance the brand vision. With a background in digital design, you are versed in creating world-class work that supports growth marketing and specialize in generating thoughtful end-to-end experiences in email, site and app channels. You’re a proactive problem-solver and a natural collaborator that will lead and inspire a team and execute creative iteration and experimentation. You will marry a passion for design craft with a zeal for communications that make consumers take action. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences paying!
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin….
- Manage a team of designers while also being hands-on to generate high performing creative in support of lifecycle & product marketing campaigns
- Partner with performance marketing teams to develop thoughtful and strategic end-to-end lifecycle email flows informed by data and customer behavior that are designed to easily iterate upon
- Quickly gain an understanding of the Afterpay audience, platforms, audience and segments and to develop innovative thinking to engage our audience across all channels
- Become immersed with the Afterpay product and build out campaigns that clearly communicate new offerings and features
- Spearhead the evolution of email, site and app template libraries for best practices and scale
- Apply brand style guides into growth channels and stay current on design trends and emerging technologies and put them into practice while influencing the larger Brand Studio team
- Collaborate daily with trade and content creative team to ensure performance based learns from growth channels are infused with customer behavior related to ecommerce and content
- Participate in all necessary internal and external meetings – briefings, status, brainstorming sessions and presentations with various stakeholders and leaders
- 8+ years of experience working with digital marketing and 3+ years of involvement with performance and/or growth marketing or relevant work
- 3+ years managing and mentoring a creative team
- Demonstrate a portfolio for driving best-in-class creative that performs on multiple channels
- Comfortable iterating on a wide range of ideas, considering multiple audiences and channels
- Embody a fine-tuned aesthetic and respect for craft and creative excellence
- Nerd out on generating design systems that embrace systematic thinking and are scalable
- Thrive as an advocate for your team and strive to inspire innovative thinking and collaboration
- Embrace working environments that require agility and are predominantly remote
- Enjoy keeping it real with actions, being brave with decisions, doing the right thing for all our stakeholders, and shaping the future with excitement
- Knowledge of visual and user experience design principles and disciplines
- Possess expert level Adobe Creative Suite skills & proficiency in Figma
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.