Senior Systems Engineer, EPM
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
As a Senior Systems Engineer, EPM, you will create a strategy that enables a simple and delightful experience for the Square F&S group & Sales Organizations as primary partners. Data & Process is at the heart of everything we do at Square. And for the Square F&S team, managing technical aspects od Oracle EPM solution. As the Systems Engineer, you will focus on solving problems, building models EPM tools or building new products in partnership with engineering teams, at an industry-leading scale and complexity.
You will have excellent knowledge of processes in Oracle EPM cloud suite. You will work in collaboration with and learn from a phenomenal team of business Analysts, product, engineering, data scientists, and business leaders.
- Experience building and launching finance business systems at scale, with primary focus on Oracle EPM Suite (ePBCS,Hyperion, PCMCS, Data Management, Pipelines, and all things technical)
- Develop relationships to guide an understanding of issues and find solutions that meet business and technical requirements.
- Hands-on development with the EPM applications to support evolving requirements which include new applications, business rules, calculations and metadata/data transformations.
- Help develop Narrative reports and web forms by FP&A and Corporate Accounting.
- Develop and support production job batches/schedules that build data integrations, metadata updates, and reporting refreshes following the published FP&A calendar.
- Coordinate the reconciliation results of data integrations to assure the data integrity of the system. Resolve reconciling items.
- Support recurring daily operation and on-call rotation for the Oracle EPM solution & Oracle OCI Infrastructure.
- Participate in regression testing of Oracle software updates and patches.
- Document processes including end-user support materials for the EPM Solution.
- Collect requirements from Finance partners and line of business heads
- Understand the existing business process, benchmark those against industry standards and help establish the measurable/meaningful KPIs
- Monitor launches and use data for product refinement
- 4+ years of experience working with Finance & Strategy partners
- 7+ Years of Experience implementing Enterprise Planning and Budgeting Cloud Services (EPBCS/PBCS) or Hyperion Planning or Essbase Applications.
- 4+ years of experience in System Management
- Understanding of currency translations, inter-company eliminations, and consolidation accounting under different GAAPs
- Knowledge of EPM Automate, including the ability to build scripts to automate different data admin activities
- Experience with the metadata, dimensions, and their attributes along with the EPBCS Standard dimensions
- Experience building trust with customers, internal partners/team members and executives.
- Experience presenting ideas and solutions (PRFAQs, PRDs, QBRs ) to a variety of audiences, including executives, engineers, our teams and the entire company
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.