- Shanghai, China
Afterpay is transforming the way we pay by allowing customers to buy products immediately and pay for their purchases over four installments. The service is completely free⁵ for customers who pay on time - helping people spend responsibly. As of December 31, 2021, Afterpay is offered by more than 122,000 of the world’s favorite retailers and more than 19 million active customers have adopted the service.
Afterpay is currently available in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United States and the United Kingdom, France, Italy and Spain, where it is known as Clearpay. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins. Afterpay is a wholly owned subsidiary of Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ).
Afterpay has unique opportunities for Backend Engineers of all levels to join our Ads Tech Engineering Team and make an immediate impact on our product by getting involved early on at our Shanghai Tech Center.
Our Ads Tech Engineering Team is responsible for building platforms where advertisers can manage their ads, promos, offers and products which will show to the consumers in our app and web
This is an exciting opportunity to join us to provide brands with access to the next generation of shoppers with the highest spending power through ad products that enable brand discovery, buyer engagement, and sales
- Take the role of our mobile and web applications QA, working end-to-end from feature discussion to making test cases to final sign-off
- Review our current process, identify opportunities for process improvements and advocate for changes which ensure quality in our development process
- Find, isolate, root case, document, and track bugs through resolution
- A strong understanding of testing and the ability to mentor engineers on what needs to be automated
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Engineers to ensure that we're delivering an exceptional experience to all our customers
- Passionate about continuous improvement of our technology stack and service
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering or related major
- 2+ years of mobile apps and web testing workflow experience
- Experience in testing methodology, tools and creating status reports
- Familiarity with common mobile devices and browsers/mobile/web domain knowledge, such as Restful, Cookies, Session, SSL, Json, HTTP code, etc
- Ability to identify the root cause of where an error originates from
- A desire to work collaboratively with engineers, product managers, designers and to effectively communicate bugs
- Experienced in interacting and coordinating test activities among multiple teams.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.