Senior Digital Designer, Staff Products
- Remote, British Columbia, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Toronto, Canada
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
Square is looking for a Senior Digital Designer to join our Creative Squad focused on the Square for Staff group of products. This is a hands-on role where you will receive direction from creative leadership and partner with a cross-functional creative team to create on-brand marketing assets like web pages, display banners, graphics, and some printed material.
You'll collaborate to craft engaging web experiences and weave new narratives for our merchants around the world. You'll create simplicity, structure, and meaning in how people learn about Square and our products.
*Please include a PDF or links to relevant work samples as well as any necessary passwords*
- Work through complex design problems to create beautiful and thoughtful interactions for our website and digital projects that achieve strategic goals.
- Translate our new Square brand into powerful purpose-built creative concepts for the Square for Staff identity and marketing collateral.
- Help create marketing campaign landing pages, primary marketing web pages, email campaigns, digital display ads, interactive experiences and tools for the web.
- Apply a design process to iterate and communicate ideas across several levels of fidelity (site architecture, wireframes, prototypes, explorations, or final page designs)
- Work collaboratively with writers, producers, production designers, and product marketers.
- Consider user journeys and UX across several brand touchpoints and within specific interactions.
- Understand how and when (and when not to) use design at a systems level, building components to be reused, scaled, and optimized across different screen sizes and devices.
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- A great eye for layout, typography and design principles.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign and Sketch/Figma.
- Knowledge of best practices in web design, like responsive layouts and good user experience.
- Experience with animation and software such as After Effects.
- Experience with 3D software and rendering
- Photo retouching skills
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.