Product Marketing Manager, Square App Marketplace
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
With the introduction of the Square Developer Platform over 6 years ago, we started allowing external developers to build solutions on top of Square so that they can help us serve the needs of every seller. Whether they are a small shop or a large retailer, together with our partner and developer ecosystem can help them run their business more efficiently.
The Square App Marketplace is a product where Sellers can discover 3rd-party partner app integrations that help them run, streamline, and grow their business. These applications are built off of our public APIs and are designed to work with first party products or fill feature gaps, to attract and retain sellers.
As an App Marketplace PMM you'll drive awareness and adoption of our partner app integrations; with the sole goal of connecting our Sellers with the right partner at the right time. You will partner with product teams to give visibility to our ecosystem in their properties and with our own creative and product team. In this cross-functional role, you will learn and work across the entire portfolio of Square's products.
- Own the strategy for App Marketplace marketing campaigns with the goal to drive awareness and adoption of our partner integrations.
- Collaborate with 1st party PMMs to define positioning and messaging for partner integrations on public web.
- Be the liaison between the PMM team and the Product Managers to help influence the product roadmap for the App Marketplace.
- Drive go-to-market plan for new products and post-launch marketing to drive and retain Seller adoption.
- Work with Partner Managers to identify co-marketing opportunities and review necessary copy and assets.
- Own the data and metric reporting of your work.
- A BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years professional experience
- 3+ years working in a product marketing capacity
- Previous background in B2B or B2C marketing, with exposure to partner marketing
- An understanding of how to draft campaign briefs and kick-off internal projects with creative teams
- Experience conducting user research and using that data to drive strategy
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.