Payroll Specialist - EMEA
- London, UK
- Alternate Location: Dublin, Ireland
We are looking for a Payroll Specialist, reporting to a Senior Global Payroll Manager, to focus on payroll in the EMEA region. You will support primary global payroll administration for EMEA, assist with Global M&A payroll implementation, and assist with different payroll project management coordination. You will also support global year end activities. You will be an important employee resource for global payroll matters and will perform other payroll related responsibilities. This position is based in London or any part of Ireland.
- Support EMEA Global payroll analytics servicing Global Payroll reporting requests from multiple departments or external including develop ad-hoc reports in Payzaar
- Process the start to finish payrolls for multiple EMEA countries
- Support System Integrations between HR and Global Payroll Systems including resolving discrepancies
- Process EMEA stock payroll, including ESPP election files updates , ESPP Gain processing and for the twice a year Global ESPP contributions validations
- Help with the set up of new countries payroll including migration from another provider
- Coordinate Amended Tax returns with the local provider
- Track and balance Payroll invoices linked to Payroll cash disbursement
- Help with the balancing of multiple Global annual filing (T-4, PD11, PD60 and more) for Global Lead approval
- Assist other Global Payroll Analyst team with their assigned payroll processing when needed
- Partner with the team on the implementation of new technology to improve Global Payroll Processing
- Test new set up, system enhancements, system updates and integrations affecting Global Payroll
- Provide work around solutions if the automated solution is not working correctly until a fix is deployed
- Review Global Square policies and work rules updates to confirm our payroll tool is working in compliance
- Review, maintain Payroll Standard Operating Procedure and job-aids.
- Work with the Payroll Analysts to provide excellent customer service to our employees and partners including resolving payroll queries
- Work with internal team , including the Global benefit team, and vendors to ensure HR, Benefits and Payroll changes are processed, accurate funding occurs for all accounts, tax remittance, general ledger balancing, month-end close support is completed
- Support the payroll accounting team with Global Month end reconciliation research
- Participate in different payroll projects and other opportunities as assigned
- Willingness to support early or late conference call meeting global time zone
- Minimum 5+ years' experience in Global Payroll including understanding Global Payroll tax administration
- Understanding of basic Payroll accounting procedures
- Experienced in projects management
- Experience in system implementation, experience with ongoing technical support with Payroll system and multiple integrations.
- Proficient in MS Excel including advanced formulas functions (Vlookups, Pivot tables, IF statements)
- Experience writing reports
- Working knowledge Workday HRIS
- Understand SOX controls
- Experience keeping payroll and other employee personal information confidential
- Experience working within deadlines
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.