Data Analyst - Finance
- Melbourne, Australia
Afterpay is transforming the way we pay by allowing customers to buy products immediately and pay for their purchases over four instalments. The service is completely free⁵ for customers who pay on time - helping people spend responsibly. As of December 31, 2021, Afterpay is offered by more than 122,000 of the world’s favourite retailers and more than 19 million active customers have adopted the service.
Afterpay is currently available in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United States and the United Kingdom, France, Italy and Spain, where it is known as Clearpay. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins. Afterpay is a wholly owned subsidiary of Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ).
The Risk & Analytics team at Afterpay is a team of data analysts and scientists that partner closely with the engineering and finance functions to track and analyse revenue. They deliver material outcomes to our revenue and work across the entire Afterpay Platform. They are now growing their team and are looking for a seasoned modeller who has a natural ability to see trends and curiosity to look for drivers.
You will be:
- Maintaining and expanding the profitability model to reflect new markets and product features
- Keeping up to date with evolving business process and ensuring it is correctly reflected in the reporting
- Providing insights on the revenue and its drivers
- Creating dashboards and presentations on other aspects of business performance
- Providing guidance to the junior team members and supporting the Finance Analytics Manager in her role.
You Will Have:
- Demonstrated experience in data & analytics, consulting, strategy & operations or high-growth startup experience.
- Experience in directly managing data scientists or data analysts.
- Development experience in at least one scripting language - Python or R
- Experience with data visualization tools e.g. Tableau, Microstrategy, Looker
- Experience in creating data models and process mapping.
- Experience with large scale data sets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop) - desirable.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.