Manager of Analytics, Square
- New York, NY, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: San Francisco, United States
The Compliance team at Square is looking for someone to join our team as our Compliance Analytics Lead. As part of the team focused on our merchant customer base, you will guide the analysis for essential decisions and insight across the Square Compliance organization. You will manage the team tasked with building, tuning and automating the monitoring program and reporting trends. This role, reporting to the Lead of Compliance Operations, will be an essential partner with data scientists, engineers, other data teams, Governance, product and project as we design strategy and implement solutions for Square Compliance needs.
- Recruit for and lead a team of data analysts
- Partner with Compliance Engineering, Data Scientists/ML and other Square Data Teams to design strategies and represent Square Compliance Analytics in essential meetings and reviews
- Build key reporting and present analyses for essential Compliance processes
- Develop data quality across many of Square's systems, consolidating data from many different sources to create analytical framework, roadmaps, and metrics for the Square Compliance organization (for example: Supply and Demand Modeling, KPI reporting, and Machine Learning recommendations)
- Work with engineering teams to understand the intricacies of legacy data and project manage joint projects between Engineering, Data Scientists and Analytics
- Partner with the Compliance team to understand and summarize the ways in which Compliance uses data and uncover ways to improve operational processes
- Provide regular reporting and performance monitoring to Compliance Leads and other important partners
- At least 3 years Management Experience
- At least 7 years experience in an analytics role
- Expert in SQL (experience with Vertica/Snowflake a plus)
- B.A. or B.S. in quantitative field (i.e. Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering Sciences) – Master's or PhD Degree is a big plus
- Experience working across all areas in a company
- Compliance experience, within FinTech is a major advantage
- Program management expertise
- Experience in Looker, Airflow, Python, Git, or Java
- Consumer Financial Product/Payments/Fintech Experience
- Machine learning, statistical modeling or data mining expertise
- Project management expertise
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.