Manager of Analytics, Square
- Remote, US, United States
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: San Francisco, United States
The Square Compliance organization is looking for someone to lead our Analytics team. Reporting to the Head of Analytics for Compliance, you will lead a team of 3-4 analysts dedicated to the Square product. Creating clarity from complexity is job #1. You will chart a course for the team to put data at the center of our decision-making, operations and customer impact. Laser-focused on researching, quantifying and communicating compliance risks, you will deliver actionable analytics to executives throughout the Square business. Your key stakeholders will be the Head of Square Compliance and their direct reports. Equally important are the relationships built outside of the compliance organization in product, finance and risk. Your success will hinge on your ability to drive decision making and clarity with stakeholders inside and outside of the compliance organization.
- Harness raw data to help stakeholders understand the impact of new regulation, policies, or environmental changes to our compliance program and the Square ecosystem
- Tell the story of compliance by clearly communicating insights to executives and influencing teams to take action based on your recommendations
- Lead initiatives with cross-functional teams from engineering to customer experience in order to inform strategic builds of essential compliance program elements
- Oversee the analytics team’s deliverables to ensure proper messaging and maximize impact
- Lead special projects working with compliance and various teams to diagnose complex problems and develop compelling, data-driven recommendations
- Partner with Compliance Engineering, Data Scientists/ML and other Square Data Teams to design strategies and represent Square Compliance Analytics in essential meetings and reviews
- At least 3 years Management Experience
- At least 8 years experience in an analytics role
- Expert SQL skills
- Expert data visualization & storytelling skills: Looker experience preferable
- B.A. or B.S. in quantitative field (i.e. Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering Sciences)
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $184,100 - USD $225,000
Zone B: USD $174,900 - USD $213,700
Zone C: USD $165,700 - USD $202,500
Zone D: USD $156,400 - USD $191,200
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.