Cloud Engineer - PayNow
- Melbourne, VIC, Australia
- Employees can work remotely
Afterpay’s mission is to power an economy in which everyone wins, to play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We are obsessed with our product and we see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Offered by more than 70,000 of the world’s best retailers and has more than 14 million active customers globally. Top fashion and beauty retailers across the globe - including Ebay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. We also have offices across the globe including New Zealand, USA, China, UK and Europe!
As a Cloud Engineer on the PayNow team you will be responsible for working on enterprise cloud services that provide payments and healthcare solutions to some of Australia’s largest telecommunication & health services providers. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Cloud Engineer to take charge and make things happen in cloud, infrastructure and implementation.
- Work closely with team members to create and manage infrastructure as code, Implement and maintain automation tools
- Implement and maintain Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Deployment/Delivery (CD) pipelines
- Manage highly scalable database infrastructure
- Participate in operational support of builds and integrations
- Peer review, code, and documentation
- Participate in the ongoing design and architecture of our evolving platform
- Translating business requirements to outcomes - having the ability to “join the dots” across all facets of I.T and understand dependencies
- Design and build solutions to meet requirements and support new features
- Develop and maintain Cloud & SaaS application solutions in accordance with best practices
- Regularly review existing systems and making recommendations for improvements
- Identifying, analysing, and resolving Cloud / Application deployment and operational issues
- Collaborate with business, engineering and development teams to evaluate, identify and implement optimal solutions
- Similar commercial experience with AWS services in a Cloud/DevOps Engineer role
- Experience managing infrastructure in AWS as code, using at least one of Terraform or CloudFormation as well as good understanding of AWS security best -practices
- Familiarity with networking concepts and load balancing practices, especially with regards to AWS (elbs, vpcs, acls, etc.)
- Proficient in networking cloud
- Skilled in Continuous Integration, Deployment & Delivery (CI/CD) practices, including defining pipelines as code
- Experience with version control, preferably GitExperience with application integrations and business facing applications
- An understanding of database infrastructure and low level networking with AWS
- Solid understanding of web technologies, software development, architecture, application integrations and Cloud delivery experience
- Any knowledge of ECS Fargate would be beneficial but not essential
- Excellent critical thinker with the capacity to think both strategically and tactically
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity and maintain composure under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (Customer centric, friendly and approachable)
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.