Talent Analytics Lead
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Block's People Analytics Team surfaces insights that guide better and more impactful people decisions across the company. We're looking for an experienced analytics manager to lead the Talent Acquisition Analytics side of the team. The Talent Acquisition Analytics team provides reliable and intuitive data on the entire recruiting lifecycle, guides Talent Acquisition partners through analysis and proactive recommendations, and advocates for a strategic and data-driven culture within the People Team and across Block.
You will be an active thought partner and consultant to business and Talent Acquisition leadership and use analytics to inform Talent Acquisition practices and strategies. You have excellent communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills, including stakeholder management, roadmap and vision setting, people leadership, and technical guidance.
- Lead a team of data analysts and ensure that the team is productive, motivated, and thriving in their careers.
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with the business and Talent Acquisition leaders, by influencing recruiting strategy through data.
- Provide expertise on topics of recruiting analytics and related intersections with People Analytics and the broader People community, based on industry best practices.
- Establish the long-term vision for Talent Acquisition Analytics at Block, from refining our existing data warehouse to increasing our predictive analytics capabilities.
- Help integrate Talent Acquisition analytics into a holistic view of organizational health and the overarching People Analytics strategy.
- Translate complex findings and data in a compelling and easy-to-understand narrative for audiences of all technical levels.
- Be an advocate of data-driven culture on the People Team and across Block.
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in a highly analytical role, as well as experience in a scaling Talent Acquisition organization.
- 2+ years of people management experience.
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinking - when there is complexity and ambiguity, you can help your team identify the right problem to solve.
- Experience roadmapping and setting strategy at both the team and project level.
- Experience collaborating on projects involving multiple teams and building strong relationships with partners.
- Experience influencing technical and non-technical leaders across all levels of an organization.
- Highly flexible attitude; ability to define problems and manage projects in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving organization with many partners.
- Background in maturing a data environment, bringing scalable approaches to data capture and management with an eye towards scalability and automation.
- Experience with data modeling and data warehouse best practices.
- Proficiency with data visualization tools (e.g., Looker, Tableau), SQL, and spreadsheets.
Experience with any of these tools in our People tech stack: Snowflake, Looker, SmartRecruiters, Workday, and Visier.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.