Product Marketing Manager, Commerce Platform
- New York City, NY, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
The Square Inventory, Fulfillment and Merchandising (IFM) team, formed by the acquisition of Stitch Labs in July 2020, is on a mission to help sellers successfully expand their business into omnichannel sales. We are building the tools to help our sellers to sell across stores, marketplaces, ecommerce sites, and anywhere else they need to grow their business. As part of omnichannel selling, we are also building the tools needed to fulfill these new orders in any way their buyers want, from guaranteed two day shipping to curbside pickup to on-demand delivery. We are building an omnichannel hub where sellers can manage all of their products and inventory in one place and sell them across multiple channels with multiple fulfillment methods.
As a Product Marketing Manager on the IFM team, you will impact millions of small businesses that are expanding their sales online and help them transition to successful omnichannel businesses. You will need to be both customer-focused and data-driven, digging into understanding our sellers, their needs, and their behavior. You will translate these insights into strategies that ensure the right customers are getting the right message, through the right channels, and represent the customer's voice in product strategy decisions. The ultimate goal is to make sure we are building the right products for our audiences, and to drive growth and usage of these products and features across the Square portfolio.
Reporting into the PMM Lead, you will help define marketing and product strategy, product positioning, packaging and pricing, and lead the development & execution of new product and feature go-to-market plans.
- Identify target customers, their inventory management and fulfillment needs, and understand how products will meet those needs through surveys, interviews, and product usage
- Partner and work with Product Management, Design, Data Analytics, and Engineering to determine the product strategy and feature roadmap
- Develop product positioning, value propositions, and messaging to be used in product development and marketing campaigns
- Lead go-to-market plans, ensuring that all customer-facing teams are on-message and maximizing each channel
- Develop lifecycle marketing programs aimed at optimizing product adoption and retention
- Track marketing program performance and increase through continuous testing
- Review competitive offerings and promote ongoing differentiation
- Work with partners across a variety of disciplines and teams across a matrixed organization
- A BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years working in product marketing, growth or lifecycle marketing, or similar go-to-market experience
- Previous background in SaaS marketing, preferably with experience in either consumer apps / technologies, early stage startups, or with exposure to small business audiences
- Experience working with product and engineering teams
- Experience driving alignment and delivering results with cross-functional partners in a complex organization
- Experience working in retail or with retail technology preferred
- Genuine interest in and curiosity in helping small businesses succeed
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.