Strategic Policy Development Lead, Block
We are seeking a senior policy, regulatory, and strategy expert to join Block, Inc.'s Global Policy Team. You will help define our policy stances, draft and maintain policy resources, and define strategic direction to actualize our goals across each business unit (Square, Cash App, TIDAL, TBD, and Spiral). You will develop and progress global strategic policy plans to meet policy and business goals, and bring our formal responses to regulatory issues of interest. You will identify policy issues of concern and develop internal policy stances and plans that align with Block's economic empowerment mission. You have a record of managing complex policy matters, drafting end-to-end strategy plans, and working collaboratively across multiple teams.
- Lead development and implementation of internal strategic policy to achieve responsible policy and regulatory outcomes.
- Create policy resources for use across global teams, including a policy cannon, regulatory response repository, and more
- Work with leads across all of Block's businesses to drive internal agreement on relevant policy issues.
- Craft legislative and regulatory responses establishing Block as a thought leader and innovator in financial technology and economic empowerment.
- Coordinate senior-level, cross-functional processes to develop impactful responses to incoming policy challenges and prospects.
- Identify and review policy trends and apply this information to strategic policy development.
- Manage trade association engagement on regulatory and legislative responses.
- Foster an inclusive cross-functional team environment that encourages inventive thinking, integrity, and outcome-driven work.
- 8+ years of experience with U.S. policy work, preferably in government, financial services, and/or financial technology.
- Demonstrated record of successfully navigating complex policy issues.
- Experience developing policy proposals, regulatory comments, and cross-functional strategies to drive outcomes.
- Exceptional interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills.
- A passion for our mission to make the world's relationship with money more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible.
- An advanced degree in law, public administration, economics, or a related field.
- Experience with global financial services regulatory regimes.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.