- Atlanta, Georgia, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
Square's mission is economic empowerment, and our team supports this by using data to understand and empathize with our customers, thereby allowing us to build a remarkable product experience. We are looking for a passionate marketing analyst to join our data team for the Square Point of Sale (SPOS) team. SPOS refers to Square's iconic point of sale software which serves a diverse set of businesses. As a marketing analyst on the team, you will help drive and work on go-to-market initiatives for Square Point of Sale and partner with our product experts to improve the effectiveness of our product marketing campaigns. You will also work on strategic go-to-market initiatives with the objective to grow the SPOS business and report to the Data Science & Analytics lead for the SPOS, Invoices, and Virtual Terminal products.
- Communicate analysis and decisions to high-level partners and executives in verbal, visual, and written media
- Develop resources to empower data access and self-service so the team can make data-driven decisions at scale
- Be a domain expert of marketing analytics and share best practices and knowledge with data scientists, analysts and partners
- Contribute to and lead complex projects that often involve coordination with disciplines and teams beyond the analytics domain such as tracking the performance of the entire acquisition funnel
- Develop insights to evaluate marketing effectiveness, inform optimization, and bring a strategic perspective to inform future go-to-market strategies and decisions to drive the greatest impact for SPOS
- Partner across products and across departments, with embedded data scientists, product marketing, and data science leads, and other marketing & automation teams across Square, to develop both holistic and in-depth views of the effectiveness and opportunities of our acquisition efforts
- 4+ years of analytics experience or equivalent
- Experience working on business and product initiatives focused on growth and retention
- Experience working with marketing measurement methodologies and tools, including multi-touch attribution, media mix modelling, and hypothesis testing
- Experience building relationships to influence cross-functional partners with data
- Experience in Excel, SQL and data visualization tools like Looker or Tableau
- Experience with data warehouse design and best practices
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with Business and Operations teams such as Marketing, Sales, Account Management
- Experience working on a Growth team focusing on driving acquisition strategies and initiatives
- Familiarity with statistical techniques to solve practical business problems such as predicting churn, LTV, cross-selling, and clustering user archetypes
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.