Senior Android Software Engineer, Cash App
- San Francisco, CA, United States
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
As part of the Android engineering team for Cash, you’ll develop new customer-facing features and enhance our existing products to scale. We’re developing industry-leading design systems and open source tools, all while adding exciting new functionality to our ecosystem. Currently, we’re focusing on the Cash Card (and Boost rewards), improved banking functionality, international expansion, extending our investing/Bitcoin features in exciting new directions, and making stock investing more accessible to all.
- Build end-to-end features of the app: networking, persistence, business logic, and UI
- Craft durable, well-tested code with an unwavering commitment to product quality
- Invent thoughtful Android tech and open source it
- Re-architect legacy code and prep it to scale for the future of the product and the team
- Partner with iOS and backend developers on delivering remarkable solutions
- Have a meaningful impact on the future of the Cash product
- Experience creating readable, well-crafted, and maintainable code
- Experience voicing customer feedback into product solutions (engineering makes substantive contributions to product definition)
- A commitment to continuous improvement (yourself, your teammates, your software)
Technologies we use and teach:
- Kotlin, including multiplatform
- Unit tests, snapshot tests, integration tests
- RxJava, SQLDelight, Retrofit, OkHttp, Wire, Moshi, Okio, Whorlwind, Picasso, KotlinPoet
- Protocol buffers
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.