People Systems Manager- Workday
- Austin, TX, us
- Employees can work remotely
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
As a Business Systems Lead - People Tools, your goal will be to help Block grow efficiently by building and scaling our HR business systems, primarily Workday and our ATS. You will report to the Business Systems Lead at Block.
- Work on the most complex business problems, analyzing and evaluating current business methods and procedures for improvement
- Design and implement new methods, procedures, and systems (both automated and manual) to improve the processing and flow of information within the company
- Work closely with end users to define requirements for new or improved systems
- Create and maintain, up-to-date, functional and technical systems documentation for any and all customization and maintenance actions taken. Perform and document program unit tests based on sample data, stipulated functional test conditions and stipulated expected results; resolve any issues of functionality (i.e., debug program logic errors).
- To accomplish this, you will partner with stakeholders in our HR departments, Payroll and Finance. This will involve creating and maintaining a roadmap, creating and maintaining a project schedule, and delivery regular updates to stakeholders.
- BS or MS in Information Systems, Computer Science or other relevant degree
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience as a Business Analyst or Business Systems Analyst with increasing levels of responsibility
- In-depth experience with Workday
- Workday compensation, benefits and performance management experience
- Workday security, business process design and integrations experience
- Experience with the setup and architecture of Workday
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills mandatory
- Solid interpersonal skills - projecting a very positive customer-service-oriented attitude
- or with other members of a team
- Extremely high attention to detail
- Previous roles in a high growth, tech environment
- Lead cross-functional projects and interact at all levels
- Strong relationship building skills coupled with the ability to develop consensus
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.