- San Francisco, CA, United States
Founded in July 2021, TBD is Block’s newest business unit. Our team is building an open developer platform and primitives that will help unlock the next wave of innovation in financial services — which we believe will be decentralized, permissionless, and non-custodial. As such, we will eschew custodial and traditional centralized approaches — and instead, shape Block’s strategy in building for a non-custodial world, embracing the decentralized and democratized nature of crypto. The offerings we build will provide developers, institutions, and individuals with the capabilities needed to access this decentralized future. Our vision is to leverage bitcoin and other blockchain technologies to reinvent the global financial system in an open and permissionless way to further Block’s mission of economic empowerment and financial inclusion for all, with a global focus.
Block is looking for a dynamic and creative individual to join the Executive Operations team, partnering with our top executives and supporting their teams. Our Executive Assistants are the strategic partners who hold everything together - from calendaring and travel, to reporting processes and team operations, you will participate in cross-functional efforts to support Block and its initiatives. The Block Executive Operations Team is a centralized organization where our EAs report into EA Managers. We are looking for someone who has a natural passion for learning and people development, enjoys taking on new tasks and projects, is a strong communicator, and who executes at a high level in an energetic and human-centric environment.
- Provide administrative, operational, and strategic support to one of the TBD Leads and maintain sensitive and complex calendars, requiring coordination with both internal and external executives, partners, and EAs.
- Be the executive's right hand by attending important meetings, actively participating, and providing a knowledgeable resource, and ensuring executive preparation and effectiveness.
- Manage projects simultaneously, identifying gaps and taking ownership of projects; compile and prepare material and agendas for team meetings, such as all-hands presentations and events.
- Develop an understanding of the team and field requests from all contacts.
- Be responsive, resourceful, and approachable.
- Maintain relationships with cross-functional partners to help support TBD programs and goals.
- Manage executive client relationships.
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience as an Executive Assistant, or relevant experience in a similar function (Recruiting, HR, Event Planning, etc.)
- A passion for learning within the Crypto space.
- Experience supporting a variety of different partners and interests.
- Appreciation for the challenges of supporting a growing team of diverse personalities and programs.
- The ability to travel quarterly (domestically)
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.