Fraud Analytics Tech Lead
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
You will reimagine how we measure performance, effectiveness and the impact of our risk management controls to bring cohesion and standardization, and to better explain causality across the entire Square ecosystem of products. You will have influence and drive change using data-driven strategies to gain understanding and support from key stakeholders and leadership across the risk organization.
As a Risk Analytics Tech Lead on the team, you will help define and drive risk strategy through data analysis and insights. You will manage top level risk metrics, maintain and develop the data pipeline and ETL, establish core operational metrics, and drive process improvements through analysis. You will also build and coordinate executive presentation materials for Square's leadership team.
- Diagnose problems and develop compelling, data-driven recommendations
- Partner with Product, Engineering, and Data Science teams to design solutions to operations problems, influence product roadmaps, and solution new products/processes
- Manage the development, reporting, and visualization of metrics for the entire Risk organization
- Develop and maintain various data pipelines and ETLs
- Improve risk solutions through third-party evaluation and integration with a focus on improving the seller experience
- Design and develop executive presentations for Square's leadership and board members
- A BS/BA in Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Management Science, Computer Science, or a related technical field, OR BS/BA in Criminal Justice, Economics, Business, or a related business field
- 8 or more years of relevant experience (or masters and 5+ years)
- Proficient in SQL
- Intermediate knowledge on Python (Numpy, Pandas, Matplotlib etc.)
- Experience designing and creating data visualizations (e.g. Looker)
- [Bonus] Experience in risk, trust & safety, payments, or spam prevention
- [Bonus] Experience with scripting and data analysis programming languages (e.g. Python, R, etc)
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.