Product Designer, Online Checkout
- Jackson, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Austin, United States
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
As a Product Designer at Square, you will guide design execution for our Square Online Checkout product on the Ecommerce team. Square Online Checkout is one of our newest and fastest growing payments products at Square designed to help sellers simply accept payments online – in-store, on-the-go, or on their website. As a designer, you will oversee high-level concepts and flows, and detailed design execution. You will also partner with product and engineering teams to set a long-term design vision for how we extend technical capabilities to new internal, developer, partner, and enterprise audiences.
We believe in generalists at Square, and our Product Designers take projects from napkin sketches to final visual specifications. Daily responsibilities include: determining strategy and implementing it, balancing all of our goals and priorities, collaborating with internal partners, and presenting work in design critiques and leadership reviews. This is a cross-functional role where you will work with other designers, product managers, analysts and engineers.
You will report to the Ecom Design Lead for sellers as you partner with Product, Engineering, Marketing, Analytics, and other design teams across Square to create simple and remarkable online experiences.
- Oversee the design vision and execution for Square Online Checkout
- Create and collaborate on the product strategy with the product team
- Work with essential design, product and engineering partners across Square
- Influence design practices and team operations within a fully remote team
- Proactively provide feedback as you collaborate with other designers
- Apply domain expertise and research to keep work moving forward
- 5 years of professional product design experience
- A portfolio of product design work on which you were the primary designer, with moderate guidance from design leadership
- A design process that moves your work forward by using research, data, and peer feedback
- Completed projects that you initiated and that contributed to roadmaps/strategy
- The ability to take high-level customer and business goals and connect them to your work
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.