Manager, Card Product Escalations
- San Francisco, CA, United States
At Afterpay, our mission is to power an economy in which everyone can win. We empower customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. We do this by connecting more than 122,000 retailers across the globe with over 19 million active customers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing. And as a part of Block, Inc., (NYSE: SQ), we’re united by our shared purpose of economic empowerment. Ready to shape an economy in which everyone wins?
As Afterpay grows as a global card issuer, it is critical that we evolve our operational capabilities with the ability to investigate and resolve the most complex payments issues. We are looking for a Manager, Card Product Escalations who enjoys digging deep into the tiniest details to solve problems for consumers and merchants. You, and your team, will become experts on Afterpay’s full suite of card products. You’ll relentlessly strive to find the root cause of issues and resolve them, while providing excellent service to our customers.
- Provide subject matter expertise in resolving issues related to card issuing and processing across card products at Afterpay
- Manage a global team responsible for resolving escalations from Customer Support / Merchant Services and maintaining ongoing operational processes, related to Afterpay’s suite of card products
- Keep an eye out for trends and engage with external partners to drive resolution of payments issues, provide recommendations and work with key stakeholders on operational improvements to effectively manage or resolve persistent issues
- Partner closely with internal stakeholders to continuously provide feedback and improve processes
- 6+ years experience in a customer facing implementation, operations, or product support focused role
- 2+ years of experience managing and mentoring a team, bonus points for managing a global team
- Strong understanding of the payments ecosystem, ideally with a focus in the card issuing and tokenization space
- Confidence working with technical and non-technical cross-functional teams; you are able to understand and articulate customer needs, while understanding how things work so you can troubleshoot issues with technical teams
- Relentless problem solving mentality
- Customer centric mindset
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.