Business Analyst, Strategic Account Management
- Chicago, IL, United States
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
The Sales and Account Management team helps new and existing merchants get the most out of Square through direct selling, business consultation, and product education. We educate and acquire new merchants to Square; retain and grow Square's existing seller base, and provide insights to Square's product teams. The Sales and Account Management Strategy & Analytics team uses data to guide the Sales and Account Management team's program design and operations, goals, priorities, and investment decisions. We improve the efficiency and revenue impact of Square's Go-To-Market functions.
As a Business Analyst on the Sales and Account Management Strategy & Analytics team, you will use your skills to identify areas of opportunity, design scalable solutions, and implement new operational processes. You will build data visualizations to understand drivers of performance compared to revenue goals and to distill insights to our partners. You have a passion for diving into data, summarizing trends, and making an impact.
- Use data to drive analysis and actionable recommendations to shape program design, operations, and strategy
- Work with Account Management leadership to better understand portfolio and program trends to identify Square's upmarket opportunities
- Work with Account Management leadership to set performance targets and provide insight to drivers of pacing against goals
- Perform growth analysis to inform incremental investment decisions opportunities across Strategic Account Management (i.e Enterprise and Mid-Market)
- Manage program-level metric development, reporting and dashboards
- Drive projects across Finance, Operations, Data Science, Customer Success, and more
- 2+ years of analytical experience in analytics, banking, business operations, consulting, or finance
- Experience applying quantitative analysis and logical reasoning
- Proficiency with data, analytics, and visualization technologies (we use SQL and Looker)
- Experience driving a complex project from start to finish
- Creativity in developing new strategies, analyses, and recommendations
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.