Senior iOS Engineer, Invoices
- Mexico City, Mexico, Mexico
- Employees can work remotely
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
Square Invoices is the easiest way for merchants to close sales and collect payments remotely. Our customers rely on our products because they are well-designed, easy to use, and integrated with their business. We are a full-stack product oriented team, spanning across engineering, design, product, data science, and marketing. You'll implement management’s roadmap and strategy decisions and will play a critical role in helping the team accomplish our industry-leading growth goals.
Our team is focused, fast-moving, and rapidly growing with an abundance of growth and impact opportunities. We focus on building the best tools to help our merchants close sales and get paid quickly, anywhere, at any time. At the same time, we are doing this in an efficient and scalable way, making smart choices about how to automate critical functions for our merchants.
As a mobile engineer on the Invoices team, you will work within Square’s Point of Sale codebase and have the ability to impact all of the apps in our ecosystem, including our Invoices app.
- Help guide the engineering implementation of seller facing projects, from idea stage to rolling out to our sellers.
- Build high availability and resilient systems which can accept and report payments no matter the network or device conditions.
- Partner with iOS, Android, and Server engineers to ship features.
- Work closely with product managers and designers to iterate on and define product scope and design
- Respond to customer feedback to improve our products.
- 4+ years experience developing and shipping iOS applications using Swift and/or Objective-C
- Fluency in Spanish and English
- A passion for product development and seeing results
- Strong communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with other functions, such as designers, product managers, data scientists, marketing, and business development to deliver a great product
- Experience creating readable, pragmatic code
- An appreciation for the connection between the software you build and the experience it delivers to customers
- Demonstrated, first hand experience building products at scale
Technologies we use:
- Swift and Objective-C.
- Square's open source iOS frameworks: Workflow (state management), Blueprint (declarative UI).
- UIKit, CoreAnimation, and CoreData.
- Unit tests, snapshot tests, integration tests.
- Service APIs and Protocol Buffers.
- Bazel for our build environments.
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, social or health conditions, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.