2D Motion Designer
- New York, NY, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
Cash App is looking for a 2D Motion Designer to join our Brand Design team. The Brand Design team is composed of creatives and highly specialized artists who collaborate with Marketing Leads, Channel Managers and Writers to deliver creative work that builds awareness for our Brand and our Products.
We focus on creating a brand that is built upon creativity and art, and we strive to look at brand marketing through a non-traditional lens. We work across the latest platforms, covering web and mobile experiences, visual design, experiential installations, photography, video, and animation.
Our team is made up of accomplished designers, illustrators, art directors, motion designers, and copywriters. This role reports to our Creative Director, Brand Identity Systems.
- Work with team members to help conceptualize and execute animation projects for all our social platforms
- Work on projects from ideation and design through implementation, in partnership with our Brand Design team
- Translate brand strategy into powerful and purposeful creative concepts
- Design graphic concepts, assets, and visual treatments for various channels
- Animate typography into scalable solutions across campaigns, social and experiential installations
- Elevate brand aesthetics while supporting overall brand direction
- Work with partners across Cash App to guarantee an integrated brand experience
- 6+ years of agency or freelance experience
- Proficiency with Cinema 4D, Redshift or Octane, and Adobe Creative Suite. Knowledge of Nuke is a plus.
- Experience working on all parts of the production pipeline (design, animation, compositing)
- A portfolio of work that displays proficiency in design, motion, storytelling, and color
- Experience working cross-functionally to launch integrated marketing campaigns
- Familiarity with both new and traditional brand channels and media
- Understanding of performance-based marketing strategies is a plus
For consideration, please submit a reel or portfolio of work with your application and provide the password, if necessary to view your work.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.