Data Analyst, Web Foundation & MarTech
- New York, NY, United States
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
As an analyst partnering with our Web Foundation and MarTech teams, you will lead projects that directly contribute to the health and performance of Square's web platform and infrastructure, and provide strategic analytics support for our suite of marketing technology tools. You will be uniquely positioned at the center of web platform data, helping channel and platform teams alike interpret performance and develop strategy.
In this role, you will use analytics and data engineering skills to help Square's platform teams understand performance and where to invest resources. Examples include close partnership with the Web Foundation team to build end-to-end data monitoring and assessment to help identify where there could be tracking leaks, in an effort to prevent operational inefficiency, or automating monitoring of web page health for important marketing pages to ensure we are able to track page performance.
- Use data to shape the long term strategy of Web Foundation and MarTech activities at Square
- Develop, deploy and maintain ETL jobs collating and summarizing web data
- Deeply understand Square's web data infrastructure and architecture and serve as a domain expert in this area.
- Develop tools, features, and reports using our data tech stack to empower self-service data access for partner teams with an interest in Foundation and MarTech data.
- Communicate analysis and decisions to high-level team members and executives in verbal, visual, and written formats
- 4+ years of analytical experience in business operations, data engineering, analytics and data science, or consulting
- Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to build strong relationships and influence across the organization
- Proven ability to lead projects that depend on the contributions of others in multiple disciplines
- Strong business intuition and ability to understand complex business systems
- Strong technical skill in SQL, data engineering, and data analysis
- Strong experience with data visualization in Looker, Tableau, or equivalent business intelligence tool
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.