Head of Global People Operations and Technology
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
At Block we believe in creating a remarkable experience for employees everywhere. Our company is growing more complex (and more interesting!) by the day -- we have compelling opportunities to drive new efficiencies and to empower our employees by refreshing, innovating, and improving many of our People systems, tools, and processes.
We’re looking for a Head of Global People Operations and Technology reporting directly to our Head of People. You will create the strategy and drive implementation of key infrastructure, technology, and processes that enable an outstanding people experience at Block and our Business Units (currently Square, Cash App, TIDAL, Spiral, and TBD).
You are comfortable in a multidimensional company and have implemented excellence at scale. You understand business drivers and can design the ideal People infrastructure levers needed to support global growth. You are analytical with product and process design skills, a robust understanding of People technologies, and an ambition to innovate with urgency.
- Lead global teams composed of People Technology and Global People Operations
- Develop an integrated strategy and roadmap for People systems (HRIS), process, and tools (e.g., Workday, SmartRecruiters, and homegrown systems) to meet business requirements, drive automation, business insights, and employee engagement.
- Build deep cross functional relationships and partner with team members across Block to understand needs and assess existing people processes, technology and practices. Identify gaps and inefficiencies.
- Continually ideate around how to make large and incremental changes to products, services, and processes. Lead thoughtful complex, cross functional solutions to automate, standardize, optimize and centralize work to enhance the employee experience across all geographies.
- Build the People Ops and People Tech team operating model to ensure support of the team is efficient, and that team members are enabled for success. Define and create a high performance culture including a consistent approach to service level agreements, key performance indicators, and performance reporting.
- 10 years of related HRIS and/or HR Operations global experience
- Experience leading and implementing large transformational plans
- A visionary mindset with a driver leadership mentality
- Demonstrated experience managing remote teams
- Experience implementing and scaling global HR operations and systems
- Experience building cross-functional partnerships across the organization to act without having a direct reporting relationship
- A passion for making things better for others to do their work more effectively and efficiently
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $296,600 - USD $362,500
Zone B: USD $296,600 - USD $362,500
Zone C: USD $296,600 - USD $362,500
Zone D: USD $296,600 - USD $362,500
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.