Service Excellence Specialist
- Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Afterpay is transforming the way we pay by allowing customers to buy products immediately and pay for their purchases over four installments. The service is completely free⁵ for customers who pay on time - helping people spend responsibly. As of December 31, 2021, Afterpay is offered by more than 122,000 of the world’s favorite retailers and more than 19 million active customers have adopted the service.
Afterpay is currently available in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United States and the United Kingdom, France, Italy and Spain, where it is known as Clearpay. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins. Afterpay is a wholly owned subsidiary of Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ).
The Service Excellence Specialist's purpose is to support the Global Customer Service team to deliver an effortless experience. You will ensure that our customers around the globe have the best possible service experience driving continual improvement across everything we do; monitoring and evaluating customer experience to ensure adherence to compliance and exceptional service across the globe.
Reporting to the Service Excellence Team Leader, you will:
- Manage work queue to ensure timely response and resolution.
- Support the Service Excellence Manager with Operational Readiness Activities including writing and deploying communications to agents.
- Prepare policies, standard operating procedures, and any other relevant support documentation to ensure that the information is current and accurate.
- Identify process improvements and conduct coaching to increase staff knowledge and skills.
- Perform gap analysis of as is state to identify standardization opportunities to support global scale.
- Champion the "Effortless Experience" approach to reduce effort for customer, merchants, and staff.
- Build and leverage reports to uncover actionable insights.
- Time management skills that compliment a balanced approach to prioritizing work and managing expectations.
- Strong attention to detail and curiosity to uncover the best outcome.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills – ability to interface with management and peers, specific strength in influencing decision makers and managing expectations
- Proven ability to deliver results in a high speed and agile working environment.
- Experience in building continuous improvement metrics and effectively engaging with stakeholders to set and drive quality goals.
- Experience working with geographical diverse teams & familiarity with Zendesk is a plus.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.