TBD Product Partnerships Lead
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
As Product Partnerships Lead, you will develop and manage TBD's ecosystem of partners to advance TBD’s product, operations, and monetization strategies. You will work closely with TBD's Product Management Lead and Product Engineering teams with the goal of building relationships that drive monetization and other strategic objectives, as well as operationalizing commercial products and services for TBD.
The partners you develop relationships with will range from fintechs, banks, and other regulated financial institutions to startups and global companies in the technology and financial services sectors. What they will have in common in alignment with TBD’s commercial and product objectives.
You are comfortable with ambiguity, and have deep experience with driving high stakes strategic and business development relationships that either unlock new products and services, or establish value chains that underlie commercial offerings at scale. Bonus if you have prior experience navigating the global payments landscape, and understand the challenges and opportunities involved with regulated sectors that nexus on identity, compliance and risk management. You will be an operational lead who has an active interest in blockchain and decentralized technologies, and is passionate about building the next generation of value added services that can bring the benefits of crypto technologies to mainstream audiences (e.g., affordable and fast international remittances, and any number of consumer and enterprise products that TBD may consider).
You will report directly to TBD’s co-founder and Head of Business, Strategy and Operations.
- Develop and manage an ecosystem of partners who:
- Enable the launch of commercial product or service offerings for TBD;
- Establish and optimize the operational value chains underlying a portfolio of products and services that TBD will monetize.
- Collaborate with TBD’s Product Management and Product Engineering leads to drive the vetting, negotiation, and execution of business development partnerships for TBD.
- Surface the requirements of partners to cross-functional leadership (from business and product to engineering, legal, and compliance) in order to unlock strategic and product objectives for TBD. Understands the balance to strike in incorporating partner feedback and pushing the envelope on behalf of TBD to drive innovation.
- Collaborate with TBD’s Business, Legal, and Compliance leads in furtherance of partnerships that unlock commercial opportunities and innovative experiences for TBD’s customers, partner ecosystem, and stakeholders.
- Manage ongoing partnerships with a view towards optimizing customer / developer experiences and the economics of our products and services.
- 10-15+ years of experience
- Deep FinTech or global payments background, and prior experience building the operations / value chain to support the launch or ongoing operations of FinTech products
- Understand how to navigate regulated spaces and business development in the context of legal and compliance obligations to unlock innovation
- Experience negotiating high stakes contracts in a regulated environment (e.g., bank partnerships with a sponsoring bank in order to launch FinTech product, or commercial partnerships with a regulated FinTech provider to unlock FinTech product)
- Strategic thinker who has strong conceptual and analytical skills to produce insights and recommendations around partnership and monetization strategy
- Excellent communication skills to engage and influence senior leaders
- Prior experience managing nuanced business development processes and leading the negotiation of contracts (memorandum of understanding, definitive agreements, etc.) with strategic partners.
- Strong project management and operational skills and experience working with partners at a senior (executive) level, both internally and externally, to drive impact
- Knowledge of FinTech and businesses that offer APIs, and prior experience developing relationships in the FinTech space (especially in the context of regulated and compliant products)
- Interest in decentralized technologies and blockchain
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.