Lead Front-End Engineer (Mobile/Web)
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Seattle, United States
TBD is on the mission to build a platform and protocols that enable developers — from startups to established financial institutions — more easily create solutions in the decentralized financial space that further our mission of economic empowerment globally. You will be an essential contributor as we build towards our mission and you will report to the Head of Decentralized Identity in TBD.
You will work with all major components and standards specifications - Decentralized Identifiers, Verifiable Credentials, and personal data-stores - to build apps and interfaces that make using these technologies as effortless as possible. You will lead all front-end app development across all target platforms (desktop and mobile), and produce any tooling required to help foster the developer ecosystem. You are comfortable with both independent and small group collaborative development, and will be able to lead an engineering team as our team continues to grow.
- Spend roughly 75% of your time developing implementations of standard components that make up the backbone of TBD's efforts.
- In the other 25% of your time, you will contribute to TBD's architecture and guide others in a senior capacity.
- Scale the learning curve on new subject areas across domains and technologies.
- Manage ambiguity with comfort in a shifting and evolving environment.
- BS in CS, CE, EE, or equivalent practical experience.
- 1+ year of exposure to the major components and standards specifications (Decentralized Identifiers, Verifiable Credentials, and personal datastores).
- 5+ years experience as a lead engineer on large-scale client applications.
- Experience developing elegant app frontends that distill complex data and interactions into simple, intuitive interfaces.
- Some management experience leading engineers.
You May Also Have:
- Experience with ION and DID-based personal datastores (e.g. Identity Hubs)
- Experience with DIDComms and DID Authentication.
- Basic ability to work with WASM
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.