Global Head of Experiential Marketing
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
The Global Brand Marketing Team at Square is a growing team that is dedicated to building and promoting the Square brand. Our team is a cross-functional group that includes Brand Insights & Strategy, Brand Marketing, Brand Identity, Experiential Marketing, and Brand Partnerships. As a team, we are united by our goal to create a unified and unique global brand through best-in-class marketing, customer engagement, and experiences.
Square is looking for a strategic and creative Head of Experiential Marketing, reporting to the Global Brand Marketing Lead. You will lead the team responsible for planning and executing all experiential activations for Square.
You will work with your team and experiential agency to build a strategic vision and breakthrough experiential plans to drive brand awareness, consideration, and leads. You will oversee the development and execution of best-in-class experiential programming, whether in-person or virtual and inclusive of brand activations, trade shows, and summits. We are looking for close collaboration with the other teams across Brand Marketing, and strong partnership with Sales, Product teams, and the broader Central Marketing organization (i.e. International Marketing, and Marketing Analytics in order to measure, analyze and optimize event performance).
The ideal candidate for this role is an experienced experiential marketing leader who has worked on large brands within matrixed or siloed organizations. You will be highly creative and very comfortable using data to make decisions. Most importantly, you must model our values and have a passion for developing talent.
- Lead a team of 4 managers while designing the ideal team structure to achieve the brand's long-term goals
- Oversee the relationship with our experiential agency and collaborate with them and cross-functional partners to create brand experiences that engage customers, increase brand awareness, and produce leads
- Create a global strategy and best practices for experiential marketing that international markets can follow
- Explore opportunities to collaborate with other business units (i.e. CashApp) where it makes sense
- Work with Marketing Analytics to set program objectives and KPIs, oversee measurement, and promote a culture of ongoing experimentation to improve our experiential marketing efforts.
- Oversee team and program budgets, including existing spend and drafting business cases for incremental investment
- Plan for 15-20% travel
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- 3+ years of demonstrated people leadership experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - can clearly communicate an idea, thought or program to people at all levels of understanding and seniority
- Highly collaborative, a cross-functional leader with advanced interpersonal skills and the ability to influence leaders at all levels
- Comfortable working with qualitative and quantitative data to measure impact against objectives
- Ability to work with some level of ambiguity in a business-critical role that will be defined and redefined along the journey
- A willingness to listen, take feedback and remain flexible
- Curious and brave with a constant desire to test new ideas
- Naturally take a global-first mindset
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.