Staff Data Scientist, Experimentation
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Seattle, United States
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our millions of monthly active users. With a mission to redefine the world's relationship with money by making it more relatable, available and accessible, at Cash App you'll have the opportunity to make a real-world impact with your career.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
We are looking for a Staff Data Scientist to join Block with a focus on building out Cash App’s experimentation capabilities while working across the entire 30 person DS org at Cash App.
- Be directly responsible for bolstering our experimentation platform and tooling
- Work closely with a team of Engineers to design experimentation tools, with a focus on statistical accuracy
- Collaborate across multiple DS workstream to identify gaps/opportunities for increasing the effectiveness of how we approach experimentation across the company
- Effectively communicate your work with team leads and cross-functional stakeholders and champion the experimentation cause more broadly across the organization
- 6+ years of data science and analytics experience in industry
- A graduate degree in Stats or a related field, or a bachelor’s degree and significant relevant experience
- Strong statistical skills and deep expertise in hypothesis testing and designing experiments for product features
- Experience with scripting and data analysis programming languages, such as Python or R
- Advanced proficiency with SQL and data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Mode, etc)
- Experience in a high-growth tech environment
- Intellectual curiosity and a passion for what Cash App is building
Technologies we use and teach:
- SQL (MySQL, Snowflake, BigQuery, etc.)
- Python (Pandas, Numpy)
- Tableau, Airflow, Mode
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.