Payment Risk Policy Manager
- Scottsdale, AZ, United States
Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
We are looking for an experienced Policy Lead to join our dynamic risk leadership team. You will develop a roadmap for Payment Risk Policy and bring an understanding of payments and fraud mitigation strategies. You will work with operations and other policy managers to build, track and improve operational risk strategy. You will also work with Risk Analytics, Policy, Product/Program Managers, Data Scientists, and Engineers to evaluate risk on transactions, deposits and disputes. Also, you will oversee system and analytical tool enhancements to maintain productivity and efficiency of risk operations. Importantly, you will represent the team as a member of Squares high impact cross-functional teams that support projects for both existing and new Seller products. We ask that you have an in-depth understanding of Payments Risk and people management. You have demonstrated the ability to work in partnership with all levels of an organization and build strong relationships both internally and externally (including vendors, networks, and regulators).
- Lead a team of Policy Analyst in a fast-paced environment including performance management, developing and driving the vision for the team
- Build strong working relationships with vendors, understanding roles and responsibilities and ensuring adherence to processes and Service level agreements
- Develop operational risk policy and processes that balance fraud loss, cost of execution, and customer experience
- Use analytics to improve existing risk strategies to reduce loss and increase efficiency
- Develop and oversee QA and learning programs for operations
- Identify gaps in current systems, policies, products and strategies and take actions to mitigate emerging risks with support from the vertical teams
- Build strong relationships and communication with Policy, Product, Support, and Engineering teams to gain support of risk management.
- Partner external brands and Issuers to effect change and promote awareness through the coordination of risk monitoring.
- Build teams; manage recruiting efforts and partner with the Talent Team to bring in top quality candidates and keep them engaged and focused on our broader mission.
- 8+ years of payment risk management experience in the FinTech space or complex financial firm.
- Extensive knowledge in financial risk prevention methods and detection tools
- Experience successfully managing teams
- Ability to analyze large transactional datasets, interpret ambiguous situations, and make decisions under pressure
- Experience with the online payments landscape across all participants issuer, merchant, acquirer and network
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills and an ability to synthesize information and make concise recommendations on a course of action
- Creative, team-focused, and effective problem solving
- Ability to build and sustain a engagement through a positive team environment and culture
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.